Click the banner above and scroll down page to sign up.
Rally Info from Count Every Vote
When: May 31st – We will meet at 7 am and rally until around 4 pm.
Where: Outside the Marriott-Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Rd, NW in Washington D.C.
Download the info below, plus subway map dnc-rbc-rally (Word doc)
Download PDF rally-site-maps
DNC RBC Rally Schedule
Saturday May 31, 2008
7:00 a.m. Arrive at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
6:30 a.m. Set up of the stage and sound system begins (should be done by 7:30 a.m.)
9:15 a.m. People move to the park space
9:45 a.m. The speakers start and speak until the RBC meeting is over at which point we will move back in front of the hotel
There will be a few breaks in here. Rally may not last as long as meeting—meeting could go later. Some speakers will speak again at noon when the RBC breaks for lunch
Please READ and CIRCULATE to your travelers
Where and When to Meet:
• 7:00 a.m. May 31, 2008
• In front of the Marriot Wardman Park Hotel
2660 Woodley Road, NW
Washington, District Of Columbia 20008 USA
The Closest Subway Stop: Woodley Park- Zoo/ Adams Morgan (this is on the red line)
What to Wear:
• RED, WHITE and BLUE
• Please do NOT wear Hillary gear.
• Bring rain gear: umbrellas and jackets.
• Bring bottled water – its going to be a long day!
• Dress Cool—it’s going to be hot! Wear hats.
Where will the speeches be held?
In the park space indicated on the maps (download above).
• We believe that the DNC must honor our core democratic principles and enfranchise the people of MI and FL and their respective delegations.
• We believe that Hillary Clinton is best for our party, most likely to win in November and best for our country.
• We believe the contest for the democratic nomination must not end before all of the votes from each State and US Territory have been cast and counted and that nominating conventions, not candidates (or the media), declare the nominee.
• We believe that the media and DNC have underestimated the passion, strength, intensity and determination of women voters and the power of the women’s vote.
• We are not going to be disruptive; we are not going to break any rules or laws.
• If approached by the press, we are optimistic and are rallying in support of the founding principle of the right to vote. We are not protesting or demonstrating. We have a deep and abiding love of our country and are looking to create unity. Please always maintain an optimistic and energetic tone.
• No one is allowed to go on hotel property unless you have a room in the hotel or credentials to the meeting. If you step onto the hotel property and neither of these criteria apply to you, you will be asked to leave.
• Watch out of rough behavior and please ignore it if possible. If you see someone acting rough or violent, please ask a nearby police officer to remove that individual.
• Any Count Every Vote rally-goer who is perceived to be acting or speaking violently will be asked to leave.
• We are peaceful, law-abiding folk who love our country and its democratic values.
Recommended Slogans for Sign Making
“Bring DEMOCRACY back to the DEMOCRAtic Party!!”
“Count Every Vote”
“Count Florida NOW”
“Count Michigan NOW”
“50-48=NO YOU CAN’T”
“Every Vote Must Count”
“Um, we’re copying the GOP?”
“Penalize Date Movers, NOT VOTERS”
“I’m mad at my teacher. He taught me there were 50 states.”
You must be logged in to post a comment.